Sunday, April 26, 2009

Movie Time

Well, since some friends of mine had such good luck uploading videos onto this website, I thought I might try my hand at it, too. I've collected a number of videos over time, but I'll only put up a few to try this out. The first two were taken on slides in the City Museum in St Louis, which is great fun. Roll 'em!!!

This one is called the Monstroslide and is very, very long. It reminded me of the old slide in the school playground in Lometa, Texas -- or at least how it seemed to a youngster. I actually did this one twice.



I'm not sure what this one was officially called, but it looks like you're crawling into a bedpan to me, so I called it the Bedpan Slide. That'll teach them not to name their slide. (FYI, "sharp turn" is a warning, not the name of the slide. You'll see.)



And here's one I did just for fun when I got my new digital camera. This one is called Zoomin' Around The House, because . . . well, that's what we're doing. It's pretty simple, folks.



Here's one I took a while back in the Trails Shop at Adadia National Park in Maine. This is Jeff Chapin's dog, Hank (a.k.a. "Hank the Tank") and he's just begging for someone to play fetch with him. How dogs make that high-pitched whistling sound is beyond me.



Well, speaking of dogs, I guess we might as well end this with a couple of videos I took during a "hunt" in Star, Texas, over my birthday. The only hunters were the dogs, and the hunted -- a couple of rabbits -- never had anything to fear. They always loped by us about 5 minutes before the dogs arrived. Still it was fun. So, why don't we open up the boxes and let 'em run? Watch quickly, because it doesn't take long. The first group to be let loose are Joe's dogs.



Next up, we have Joe's cousin, Pete, and his dogs. Again, watch quickly as they're gone as soon as they hit the ground.



Okay, that'll do it for now, I guess. I hope you enjoyed the show(s). Stay tuned for Coming Attractions in the near future. Ciao, baby!