Saturday, January 24, 2009

Happy 2009!!!

New Year's Dawn 2009

Well, greetings once again, everyone! I hadn't planned to do another blog this year, as time seems all too short these days, but I just couldn't help myself. I've been collecting miscellaneous pictures along the way, have taken on a fun and rewarding project involving iPods, and -- here's the kicker -- I've accepted a permanent position as a Visitor Use Assistant here in Big Bend National Park! I guess I'm just going to have to find the time, aren't I? A permanent position is something I've wanted and dreaded for quite some time now -- wanted, because I'm getting a little tired of the 3000-mile jaunts every six months which require me to uproot myself; dreaded, because now I won't have those 3000-mile jaunts to see this wonderful and diverse country of ours. However, my new job does require me to take two months' worth of furlough (unpaid leave) every year, so I guess I'll just have to get my kicks on Route 66 during that time and attempt to document the western leg of the Mother Road at some point. This may turn out to be a good thing after all. (Of course it'll be a good thing, Doug; it's just going to be different.) So, anyway, that's the news from this end so far. A photo entry will be following shortly. Adios for now, amigos and amigas.