Tuesday, March 10, 2009

The Lone Palm Resort

Hey there, everyone. Just thought you'd be interested in seeing the new site my trailer got put into -- right in front of the only palm tree around. Pretty sweet, huh? I'm much more pleased with this setting, especially since they're stringing a phone line to the pole right behind the trailer. Woo hoo!!!


The other day, while driving up to the Visitor Center to get my day started, I saw this huge, dark bird sitting on top of the flagpole. I wasn't sure just what I was looking at right at first, but it was a beautiful creature. In perusing my bird book, I found out it was an Osprey, most likely resting up on his way up from the Gulf toward his new home in the northern climes.


I don't know if he thought he'd be less conspicuous impersonating one of our gold-plated Bald Eagle flagpole ornaments, but he did a pretty good job of it, nonetheless. What a great way to start your day, getting to see such a magnificent specimen showing off.